Call us: 416-890-8568 24h service

Rebates on drain and plumbing work



There are government programs that allow homeowners to receive rebates on drain and plumbing work. This is an opportunity to prevent sewage backups, to increase value of your house, to reduce home insurance payments, to protect content of your basement. This is your opportunity to save.

Plumber Master will do for you all work from beginning to the end, will pass the inspection, will provide rebate application, will help to fill it up, will make sure you get your money back.


City of Toronto - all GTA (Etobicoke, North York, Scarborough, Toronto)

$1750 for new sump pump/pit installation
$400 for pipe severance and capping
$1250 for new backwater valve installation on main sanitary drain
For more information click here (City of Toronto website)
or call Plumber Master 416 890 8568

Peel region (Mississauga, Brampton, Town of Caledon)

$700 for backwater valve installation
$75 for downspouts disconnection
For more information click here (Peel region website)
or call Plumber Master 416 890 8568

City of Vaughan

$750 for backwater valve installation
For more information click here
or call Plumber Master 416 890 8568

Durham region (Pickering, Ajax, Uxbridge, Oshawa, Whitby, Clarington)

$3000 interest free 3 year loan for backwater valve/sump pump installation
For more information click here
or call Plumber Master 416 890 8568

Example: Basement flooding protection subsidy program in GTA and how Plumber Master can help you.

This program has been in effect since September 26, 2008 and it covers several kinds of work. Firstly, the installation of a basement BACKWATER VALVE (www.backwatervalve.com). Should a city pipe overflow (which has happened often in all city areas), dirty water can flow back into the house. This can cause very bad smell, floor and property damage. Same happens if the sewer pipe becomes clogged for any reason. To prevent this, a BACKWATER VALVE has to be installed. The bottom of the BACKWATER VALVE has a special gate which closes automatically when water flows back into the house. It prevents dirty water from entering your basement. An alarm will notify you when the gate closes. Then, by calling City Works or a private pluming company the problem will be taken care of. Most important: your basement flooding is prevented! We are experienced in installing this device.

The City will give you the maximum $1,250 for the work on BACKWATER VALVE. Another solution is an installation of the BASEMENT SUMP PUMP. The City gives $1,750 towards this installation. It may be determined that disconnecting foundation drains (weeping tiles) from the City sewer system by severing and capping the underground storm sewer connection pipe is also required to protect the home from basement flooding. The City gives a maximum $400 for this.

Before any installation, Plumber Master technician will have to assess your house situation, especially drain TV camera inspection may be needed. This inspection allows: 1) to check drain pipe elevation; 2) to see if any branch pipe connects to main drain pipe in place where backwater valve has to be installed; 3) to check if there are any hidden defects on main drain pipe; 4) to find out how deep is the pipe and 5) in what direction it is installed. All these parameters will affect the price of installation.

Once the contract is signed, Plumber Master will obtain building permit for the project. Work will begin in time suitable for you. When installation is done, it is necessary to pass inspection. It is done within 2-3 days. Then whatever was excavated is backfilled, general cleanup is done, debris are removed, work comes to complete finish. You pay the balance, Plumber Master technician writes "Paid in full" on your invoice and puts there his signature. Then he will provide you with rebate application form and will help you to fill it up. You put in an envelope the application and original invoice and mail it to proper City department. Usually within 8-10 weeks your application is processed, then you will get by mail your rebate cheque and original invoice.

What is important to know about water service pipe and sewer pipe replacement?

You are responsible for sewer pipe on your property. This usually 4 inch diameter pipe connects to the city sewer from your property. Any problem in the pipe on city property permits you to call city for repairs free of charge. Same for water service pipe that has to be made of copper or special plastic. If an improper pipe has been used, the city will replace the pipe on city property free of charge. Older galvanized pipe should be replaced as should lead pipe (lead is a poisonous metal). You will have to hire the private company to work on your property.

What are RRAP and HASI?

RRAP is Residential Rehabilitation Assistance Program. It is possible to receive a fully forgivable loan from government for up to $24,000 for essential home repairs (plumbing and heating included) by this program. If certain conditions are met, you do not have to return money back. RRAP is a Canada Mortgage and Housing Corporation affordable housing program for low-and-modest income households, which provides funding for housing repairs, housing modifications for disabled residents, creating secondary units and converting non-residential buildings into new rental housing. The City of Toronto delivers RRAP funding to eligible property owners subject to available funding. HASI is Home Adaptation for Seniors Independence Program. For seniors experiencing difficulties with daily living activities, HASI program provides financial assistance for up to $3,500 to homeowners or landlords for minor home adaptations. Funding can be used for items such as extra hallway or stairway handrails, louder doorbells, lever handles on doors and faucets, grab bars in the washroom etc. Residents interested in major modifications for accessibility could consider RRAP Modifications for Persons with Disabilities (RRAP-D). Please note that RRAP and HASI funding can not be combined. More information: www.toronto.ca

What is Plumber Master?

Plumber Master is respectful company, committed to business excellence. We are licensed and insured. We have been for over 12 years in drain, plumbing, waterproofing and heating business. OUR EXPERIENCE WILL HELP YOU GET REBATES THE CITY OWES YOU. We do all kinds of drain, plumbing, waterproofing work using modern technologies, such as pipe relining, torpedo work, pipe bursting and power flushing. We use underground TV camera to check faulty drains and repair them. We remove residue and building materials from the pipes. WE RECOMMEND THAT BEFORE BUYING A NEW HOME OR DOING RENOVATIONS YOU CALL US FOR DRAIN TV CAMERA INSPECTION. We have a record of outstanding service, and take pride in doing good work. WE ARE WAITING FOR YOUR CALLS.

____________________________________________________________________________________________ Plumbing GTA Plumbing Toronto, Plumbing Mississauga, Plumbing Hamilton, Plumbing Scarborough, Plumbing North York, Plumbing East York, Plumbing Etobicoke, Plumbing Vaughan, Plumbing Thornhill, Plumbing Oakville, Plumbing Burlington, Plumbing Milton, Plumbing st Catharines, Plumbing Niagara falls, Plumbing Ancaster, Plumbing Oshawa, Plumbing Aurora, Plumbing Whitby, Plumbing Ajax, Plumbing Orangeville,

Plumber Masters - provide 24 hours service in Mississauga, Toronto, GTA phone: 416-890-8568

24 hours service

Emergencies are our specialty. Call us anytime.



$500 off On complete house waterproofing.
$50 off On main drain repair.
$30 off On sump pump installation.
$20 off On TV camera pipe inspection.
$20 off On high pressure pipe cleaning.


Plumber Master on

Plumber Masters company information on Home Stars page Plumber Masters company information on Home Stars page Plumber Masters - Plumbing and waterproofing in GTA on google Places