Rebates on Drain and Plumbing Work



There are government programs that allow homeowners to receive rebates on drain and plumbing work. This is an opportunity to prevent sewage backups, increase the value of your house, reduce home insurance payments, and protect the content of your basement. This is your opportunity to save.

Plumber Master will do all the work from beginning to end, pass the inspection, provide a rebate application, help fill it up, and make sure you get your money back.


City of Toronto – all GTA (Etobicoke, North York, Scarborough, Toronto)
$1750 for new sump pump/pit installation
$400 for pipe severance and capping
$1250 for new backwater valve installation on the main sanitary drain
For more information, click here (City of Toronto website)
or call Plumber Master at 416 890 8568

Peel region (Mississauga, Brampton, Town of Caledon)
$700 for backwater valve installation
$75 for downspouts disconnection
For more information, click here (Peel region website)
or call Plumber Master at 416 890 8568

City of Vaughan
$750 for backwater valve installation
For more information click here
or call Plumber Master at 416 890 8568

Durham region (Pickering, Ajax, Uxbridge, Oshawa, Whitby, Clarington)
$3000 interest-free 3-year loan for backwater valve/sump pump installation
For more information, click here
or call Plumber Master at 416 890 8568

Example: Basement flooding protection subsidy program in GTA and how Plumber Master can help you.

This program has been in effect since September 26, 2008, and it covers several kinds of work. Firstly, a basement BACKWATER VALVE was installed ( Should a city pipe overflow (which has happened often in all city areas), dirty water can flow back into the house. This can cause very bad smells and damage to floors and property. The same happens if the sewer pipe becomes clogged for any reason. To prevent this, a BACKWATER VALVE has to be installed. The bottom of the BACKWATER VALVE has a unique gate that closes automatically when water flows back into the house. It prevents dirty water from entering your basement. An alarm will notify you when the gate closes. Then, by calling City Works or a private plumbing company, the problem will be taken care of. Most importantly, your basement flooding is prevented! We are experienced in installing this device.

The City will give you a maximum of $1,250 for the work on BACKWATER VALVE. Another solution is the installation of the BASEMENT SUMP PUMP. The City gives $1,750 towards this installation. It may be determined that disconnecting foundation drains (weeping tiles) from the City sewer system by severing and capping the underground storm sewer connection pipe is also required to protect the home from basement flooding. The City gives a maximum $400 for this.

Before any installation, the Plumber Master technician will have to assess your house situation, especially if a drain TV camera inspection may be needed. This inspection allows: 1) to check drain pipe elevation; 2) to see if any branch pipe connects to the main drain pipe in a place where the backwater valve has to be installed; 3) to check if there are any hidden defects on main drain pipe; 4) to find out how deep is the pipe and 5) in what direction it is installed. All these parameters will affect the price of installation.

Once the contract is signed, the Plumber Master will obtain a building permit for the project. Work will begin at a time suitable for you. When installation is done, it is necessary to pass inspection. It is done within 2-3 days. Then, whatever was excavated is backfilled, general cleanup is done, debris is removed, and work is completed. You pay the balance. The Plumber Master technician writes “Paid in full” on your invoice and puts his signature there. Then, he will provide you with the rebate application form and will help you to fill it up. You put the application and original invoice in an envelope and mail it to the proper City department. Usually, within 8-10 weeks, your application is processed, and then you will get by mail your rebate cheque and original invoice.

What is important to know about water service pipe and sewer pipe replacement?

You are responsible for the sewer pipe on your property. This usually 4-inch diameter pipe connects to the city sewer from your property. Any problem in the pipe on the city property permits you to call the city for repairs free of charge. The same is true for water service pipes that have to be made of copper or special plastic. If an improper pipe has been used, the city will replace the pipe on city property free of charge. Older galvanized pipe should be replaced, as should lead pipe (lead is a poisonous metal). You will have to hire a private company to work on your property.

What are RRAP and HASI?

RRAP is a Residential Rehabilitation Assistance Program. It is possible to receive an entirely forgivable loan from the government for up to $24,000 for essential home repairs (plumbing and heating included) by this program. If certain conditions are met, you do not have to return your money back. RRAP is a Canada Mortgage and Housing Corporation affordable housing program for low-and-modest income households, which provides funding for housing repairs, housing modifications for disabled residents, creating secondary units, and converting non-residential buildings into new rental housing. The City of Toronto delivers RRAP funding to eligible property owners subject to available funding. HASI is the Home Adaptation for Seniors Independence Program. For seniors experiencing difficulties with daily living activities, the HASI program provides financial assistance of up to $3,500 to homeowners or landlords for minor home adaptations. Funding can be used for extra hallway or stairway handrails, louder doorbells, lever handles on doors and faucets, grab bars in the washroom, etc. Residents interested in major modifications for accessibility could consider RRAP Modifications for Persons with Disabilities (RRAP-D). Please note that RRAP and HASI funding can not be combined. More information:

What is a Plumber Master?

Plumber Master is a respectful company committed to business excellence. We are licensed and insured. We have been for over 12 years in the drain, plumbing, waterproofing, and heating business. OUR EXPERIENCE WILL HELP YOU GET REBATES THE CITY OWES YOU. We do all kinds of drain, plumbing, and waterproofing work using modern technologies, such as pipe relining, torpedo work, pipe bursting, and power flushing. We use underground TV cameras to check faulty drains and repair them. We remove residue and building materials from the pipes. WE RECOMMEND THAT BEFORE BUYING A NEW HOME OR DOING RENOVATIONS, YOU CALL US FOR DRAIN TV CAMERA INSPECTION. We have a record of outstanding service and take pride in doing good work. WE ARE WAITING FOR YOUR CALLS.

Plumber Master 416-890-8568 24h service